Yes, it’s true. At least until next fall, I am on a hiatus from the “qi” part of my studies. It wasn’t an easy decision to reach, but my health has taken a beating to hell and back over the past few months, and it had reached a point where I was having to decide whether to miss class (and consequently not pass) and attend medical appointments. When you’re in too much pain or discomfort to contemplate getting up and going to class, when you’ve been running on 6 hours of sleep for weeks and can’t think straight anymore, it’s a sign things are not ok.
So, I have taken a temporary leave of absence and hopefully by the time fall rolls around, will have figured out how to structure this program into my life in a constructive, healthy way. I love acupuncture, and I want to become a practicing acupuncturist one day, but I can’t go back to the way things were this past semester. It’s not worth it. I am getting better, and in fact, since I made this decision a week ago, I’ve improved by leaps and bounds, but maintaining that balance is going to be a continued work in progress.
I have much to write about – AASL, classes, life lessons, but since today is Thanksgiving Eve, I figure it would be nice to end this post with thanks. I’ve had a number of friends do the “daily thanks” status update, and I quite like the idea, so here is nearly a month of catchup:
1. I am thankful for the life I have.
2. I am thankful for the friends in my life who are like family to me.
3. I am thankful for the love and support of my someone special.
4. I am thankful for parents who support and encourage me to pursue my dreams.
5. I am thankful for family.
6. I am thankful for my doctors.
7. I am thankful for having excellent (if pricey) health insurance that enables me to see the aforementioned doctors.
8. I am thankful for delicious food and homecooked meals.
9. I am thankful for my creativity.
10. I am thankful for finding the courage to make difficult decisions.
11. I am thankful for books.
12. I am thankful for the people in my life who care about me.
13. I am thankful for indoor heating and warm blankets.
14. I am thankful for the beautiful flame-red maple trees on my way to school.
15. I am thankful for a relatively mild fall.
16. I am thankful for beautiful sunny days and unexpected warmth.
17. I am thankful for imaginary friends who’ve enriched my life in immeasurable ways.
18. I am thankful for opportunities.
19. I am thankful for having faith.
20. I am thankful for my improving health.
21. I am thankful for mentors who support, advise and guide me.
22. I am thankful for my life experiences.
23. I am thankful for all the happiness and joy in my life.